Free Project – Quilled Poinsettia Flower31.08.2018 / byFree Designs Admin
Basic Skills Necessary:
- This is a very easy pattern. But it is not a first-timers tutorial. You should already have a very basic knowledge of how to quill – that is, using quilling tools, how to glue pieces together, how to make simple shapes, and how to select and prepare your paper strips. Once you’ve started learning the shapes, you can use this pattern to make one of your first quilled projects!
These instructions will help the beginning quiller make a poinsettia flower ornament for the holidays! The tutorial project is very simple, and the instructions are highly detailed with pictures of each step.
This design can easily be modified to change the size or color, and so can be used in a variety of ways – ornaments, cards, gift tags, place settings, wall art, and so much more!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The final flower, as indicated by the pattern, is about 5 inches across and about 3/4″ of an inch thick. It is suitable for hanging as an ornament.
- You will need white craft glue and quilling paper. The paper I have used is 5 strips of light red 1/4 inch wide paper, 25 inches each. Five strips of dark red 1/4 inch wide paper, 25 inches each. One strip of yellow paper at 1/8 inches wide, 4 inches long. One strip of green paper with gold edging, 1/8″ wide and 15 inches long. One strip of gold paper with green edging and 1/8 inches wide, 8 inches long.
- If you do not have these widths or colors, the pattern is very forgiving. You can use what you have and still make a nice flower!
You Will Also Need:
- Whatever quilling tool you like. A quilling board and pins, as well as tweezers, might be helpful. Scissors are optional.