Free Sewing Pattern – Handy Purse Organizer28.06.2017 / byFree Designs Admin
Basic Skills Necessary:
- cut out pattern pieces
- sew straight lines and curves
This sweet little organizer has 13 pockets – 6 mesh, 6 fabric, and one interior zipper pocket. As you can see in the photos, it is sturdy enough to stand on its own, but it will also lay flat or fit in a slim purse or laptop bag.
Use it to organize and carry all your stuff from one purse to another – or around the house from one room to another.
This purse organizer fits perfectly inside the Charm Square tote I sewed in my class Colorful Patchwork Bags and Baskets.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Approximately 8” tall x 12” wide x 3 1/2” deep.
- about 1 yard of fabric total (I used a bunch of different prints)
- 1/4 yard mesh fabric
You Will Also Need:
- 1/2 yard ultra firm sew-in stabilizer (Peltex)
- 1 zipper, 8” or longer
- Wondertape (for sewing the zipper, optional but handy)
- 3 yards of double fold bias tape (I made my own from 2” wide bias cut strips)