Free Quilting Pattern – Longarm Quilting Skill BuilderMarch 31, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Quilting Projects
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Machine Quilting
- Longarm Quilting
Try this interesting line drawing to practice your machine quilting skills. It is easier than you might think!
1. Print the larger quadrant & tape the pages together.
2. Trace the downloadable quadrant (four times) onto a 40″ fabric square.
2. Outline any group of lines to form shapes.
3. Fill the shapes.
Each time you create this skill builder project the designs will vary. Pick and choose symmetrically, with no real pressure on the final design.
Read more about my process and see “along the way” photos on my blog site, linked here.
Please note this FREE pattern is just the printable quadrant/stencil. No additional pages are included.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 38″ x 38″
- 1-1/4 yard background fabric
- 1-1/2 yard backing fabric
- 45″ square of batting
- 1/3 yard binding fabric
You Will Also Need:
- longarm quilting rulers
- machine quilting foot/hopping foot