Free Quilt Pattern – Sunny Chevron QuiltJuly 27, 2015 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project, Free Quilting Projects, Free Sewing Patterns
Basic Skills Necessary:
- very basic quilting skills, such as rotary cutting, machine piecing ect.
This is a very simple quilt to make in no time at all. Use our same fresh colors or change it up. This design looks beautiful in lots of different color combinations. The pattern teaches you a very slick and easy way of making the Half Square Triangles 4 at a time!
Directions are given for a small Throw size or a Queen Size to go on your bed.
Make something that will make you happy!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The Small Throw is 47″ X 57″
- The Queen Size is 86″ X 95″
- There are 2 sizes, a small throw and a Queen in this pattern. The Throw size requirements are listed below with the Queen Size requirements in (parentheses).
- 15 cheery fabrics in colors, 1/4 yard each (1/2 yard each
- 1 3/4 yard of white or other color for your background fabric(4 1/2 yards)
- 3 yards of backing fabric (5 1/2 yards)
- Batting a few inches larger than the finished size
- 3/4 yard fabric for the bias, cut into 2 1/2″ bias strips (1 1/4 yards)
You Will Also Need:
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- thread for your machine
- A trusty sewing machine with a 1/4″ foot