Free Project – Tulip Zipper Case by CloBirdMay 24, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project, Free Sewing Patterns
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Basic Sewing Skills
- Zipper installation helpful, but not necessary
This is a fabulous quick and EASY sew. Perfect for gift giving or craft fairs.
The Large Tulip is perfect for sewing scissors, knitting needles coloring book pencils. Baby Tulip is ideal for eyewear or other small items. Passport Tulip will easily hold two passports and a large smartphone. These are as versatile as they are fun to make.
Foam interfacing keeps your fragile items safer. The wrap around pocket adds additional space. The half-zipper installation allows for mix and match fun!
The pattern is fully illustrated, with over 25 color photographs and very detailed instructions. In addition to the pattern, CloBird Designs has a very active Facebook Group that is always there to help and cheer you along the way.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Large: 11″ high x 4 1/2″ wide
- Small: 7″ high x 4″ wide
- MATERIALS for 2 Tulip Zipper Cases:
- 2 contrasting Fat Quarters, 44″ 100% quilting cotton
- 1 yard fusible woven interfacing (such as Pellon ShapeFlex101 aka SF101)
- 1/3 yard piece Flex-Foam (Pellon FF77) or Bosal In-R-Foam or Soft & Stable
- (2) 14″ #3 nylon zippers ~ contrasting colors
You Will Also Need:
- HELPFUL NOTIONS/TOOLS:
- Basting Spray or Wonder Under
- Rotary cutter for cutting pattern pieces
- Wedge ruler
- Zipper foot
- Wonder Clips