Free Project – Teeny FlamingoJuly 7, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project
Basic Skills Necessary:
- All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles.
- You will need to cast on, knit, purl, work increases and decreases.
TEENY FLAMINGO KNITTING PATTERNS
This teeny knitted flamingo has cocktail stick legs, and makes a fun cake topper for a pink themed party! Or you could use them to decorate potted plants. The sticks can be replaced after use if they get a bit grubby.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES:
Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the flamingo, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
SAFETY NOTE: I have used jewellery wire to strengthen the neck, and as the ends can be sharp this teeny flamingo should not be given as a toy to babies or young children.
Copyright (c) 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved
I have no objection if you wish to make a flamingo to sell to raise funds for charity. However please do not reproduce or sell this pattern.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The flamingo is approximately 7cm tall (not including the cocktail stick legs).
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight) in pink and yellow
You Will Also Need:
- 2 x small black beads for eyes (or embroider in yarn or thread)
- Optional: jewellery wire (or use a pipe cleaner or paper clip) to strengthen the neck
- 2 x cocktail sticks for legs (the sticks are simply pushed into the body so they can be replaced after each use)
Hayfield Bonus DK