Free Project – Skull CapAugust 2, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Work in rounds
- Work Fair Isle
- K2tog – knit two stitches together
- Divide the stitches between 2 circular needles for working the crown, or use DPNs for the crown.
True story: I had some extra black and white yarn sitting in my stash. It was mid October and I was ready for Halloween. I have a lot (over 30) of nieces and nephews. I wanted to make something cool for them to wear that time of year. So… I designed this skull cap for my nephew Korbin. Well, all the other kids wanted one as well. That fall I knitted up over 40 skull caps for my nieces, nephews, their children and a few of our friends. It is not only fun to knit up, but fun to wear as well.
20sts/4″ in St st worked in rounds on larger size needles.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Toddler- (18″/45cm), Child- (20″/50cm), Adult- (22″/55cm).
- Size US7 (4.5mm) 16″ (40cm) circular needle.
- Size US8 (5mm) 16″ (40cm) circular needle.
- Size US8 (5mm) DPNs for working crown or two circular.
200 yards of Worsted weight