Free Project – Shellby the SnailFebruary 9, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project
Basic Skills Necessary:
- All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles.
- This pattern just uses 4 stitches: knit, purl, a kfb increase and a k2tog decrease.
- You will also need to know how to knit stripes (i.e. changing colour at the end of a row).
SHELLBY THE SNAIL TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Shellby is a quick to knit little snail. He would come in handy as a pincushion, or you could knit a group of snails (an escargatoire!) and hide them in the garden and have a treasure hunt with the kids!
THE PATTERN INCLUDES:
Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the snail and photos, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
Copyright (c) 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The snail is approximately 7cm tall and 10cm long.
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight) in brown, pink and blue
You Will Also Need:
- Buttons to decorate
- Toy filling
Stylecraft Special DK