Free Project – Scissors SheathNovember 5, 2015 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project, Free Sewing Patterns
I like small and quick to put together projects that serve a purpose. This one came to me as I woke up on a Sunday morning and by afternoon, I had the item made, a set of working notes done and the steps photographed.
This detailing scissors sheath is pretty and practical and can be whipped up in half an hour! What’s more, it’s a great scrap buster project because you can use up those odd little pieces of fabric that you didn’t know what to do with.
The pattern provided is for a 4″ or 10cm pair of scissors, but you can make your own pattern for whatever size scissors you want.
Install an optional grommet, split ring and chain and you can hang this around your neck for easy access. It makes a cute gift for any crafter if you Include the scissors.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- approx 4.25″ x 2.5″ (11cm x 6.5cm) at widest part, using pattern provided
- Fabric scraps – use four different fabrics if you have them!
- A couple of scraps of fusible fleece
- Matching or contrasting thread, whatever turns your crank
- Small grommet, split ring and chain (optional)
You Will Also Need:
- Pins, iron, pressing cloth, scissors, rotary cutter & mat, etc.
- Pointed chopstick or some sort of point turner tool