Free Project – Potholder Tutorial and the Fusible Thread Trick!June 27, 2014 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Sewing Patterns
Potholder Tutorial and the Fusible Thread Trick!
To make these cute-as-a-button potholders, you’ll need:
- Two 12″ x 12″ squares of plain 100% cotton fabric (we used white muslin)
- One 12″ x 12″ square of 100% cotton batting
- One 10″ x 10″ square of cute 100% cotton print fabric
- Two 10″ x 10″ squares of Insul-Bright batting
- One yard 1/2″ double fold bias tape
- Thread in a color that will stand out against your plain fabric, we are currently loving the Mettler Neon threads!
- Fusible thread
- Water- or air-soluble fabric marker
- Seam gauge
If you weren’t able to make it to our free mini-class on how to make potholders, or you just want a reminder of what we covered in the class, check out the tutorial below. Potholders are a quick and easy way to brighten up your kitchen decor!