Free Project – Good-To-Go Messenger BagFebruary 1, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project, Free Sewing Patterns
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stitch in a straight line
- Measure and cut accurately
- Use your sewing machine with confidence – YOU are the boss!
This is a FREE pattern for my beautifully simple, yet so very practical, Good-To-Go Messenger Bag.
This bag comes in two sizes – small and large – enabling you to create quick and easy cross body bags for both adults and children alike. It has a magnetic snap to secure the flap, however this can easily be left off if you prefer.
Inside the bag is a small slip pocket – perfect for holding your keys, mobile phone or anything else you need quick access to.
These bags also make the perfect gift – make one for a special person, fill it with goodies and they’re always well received!
The pattern contains approximately 100 full colour photographs and 18 pages of clear, detailed instructions. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. It is suitable for a beginner sewer.
two pretty poppets Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Small – 9″ x 71/2″ x 3″ (23cm x 19cm x 7.5cm), strap drop – 15″ (38cm)
- Large – 12″ x 9″ x 31/2″ (30.5cm x 23cm x 9cm), strap drop – 20″ (51cm)
- Fabric for the outer of your bag – I use denim for a nice, sturdy messenger bag, however you could use cotton, drill or any other fabric with little/no stretch, up to 11/4yd (1.25m) depending on size
- Fabric for the lining of your bag and inner slip pocket (e.g. quilting cotton), up to 3/4yd (0.75m)
- Fabric for the strap (I use denim)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon #911FF, Formfuse 1300), up to 3/4yd (0.75m) based on 40″ (102cm) width
- Small piece of firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F)
- 1 magnetic snap – 1/2″ (13mm) for small size, 3/4″ (19mm) for large size
- General sewing supplies