Free Project – Fabric Bow HangerAugust 21, 2015 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project, Free Quilting Projects, Free Sewing Patterns
I wanted to make something fun as an option to hang bows on. This fabric bow hanger is 13″ wide x 21″ long when completed.
I designed the top section to be wide enough to embroider a child’s name. The bow strips are set apart wide enough for 4″ wide bows to be placed on both sides of the strips without overcrowding in the center. The bottom section includes a pocket with an optional velcro closure for miscellaneous items to be held, such as stretch headbands and rubber bands, and the side loops are a perfect place for headbands to hang. A dowel is at the top for structure so that the fabric will stay open, and the ribbon at the top can be used to hang the fabric bow holder onto a door hanger or nail.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- This fabric bow holder will measure 13″ wide by 21″ long when completed
- lightweight cotton fabric (amounts given in file)
- sewing machine
- ruler, measuring tape, or rotary cutter and mat
- fabric pen
- 3/4 yard of lightweight interfacing
- 3/4 yard of medium weight interfacing
- 3/8″ x 12″ dowel
- (optional) ric rac