Free Project – Bumble Bee Egg CosyJanuary 22, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project
Basic Skills Necessary:
- All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the antennae which are i-cord tubes knitted on two double pointed needles.
- You will need to cast on, knit, purl, decrease, knit stripes and sew a seam.
BUMBLE BEE EGG COSY KNITTING PATTERNS
Have a buzzy breakfast with a bumble bee egg cosy! This is a great project for beginner knitters to try if you want to try knitting stripes. The cosy just uses three basic stitches (knit, purl and a k2tog decrease), and this is knitted flat on straight needles (not in the round). The antennae are small i-cord tubes, but you could just add strands of yarn instead if you are not sure how to knit i-cord.
THE PATTERN INCLUDES:
Row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place, instructions for making the cosy, a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques, a materials list and recommended yarns. The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
Copyright (c) 2015 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved
I have no objection if you wish to make these cosies to sell to raise funds for charity. However please do not reproduce or sell this pattern.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The egg cosy is approximately 8cm tall (not including the antennae) and 8cm wide (un-stretched).
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- A pair of 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight) in yellow and black; less than 15g each