Free Pattern – Baby changing mat – 2 optionsMarch 17, 2016 / byFree Designs Admin / Categories : Free Printables, Free Project, Free Sewing Patterns
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Previous experience of working with bias tape would be useful
A wipe clean baby changing mat with pockets for your pack of wipes, some diapers etc.
Two styles in the same pattern, a satchel style with handle or a clutch style. Construction for each is basically the same.
Optional vinyl wipe clean piece on the inside, but due to the construction process, its easy to sew and the vinyl doesn’t get stuck to your machine or presser foot at any time.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished size of mat is 12 x 24 inches, plus pockets
- 1 yard of fabric total – all the same or mix and match prints
- Piece of vinyl – 12 x 24 inches (optional)
- Low loft batting or fusible fleece – 12 x 24 inches
- Ready made bias tape or make your own from 1 fat quarter
- Closures – sew on velcro or button and elastic loop